Let’s start immediately with a classic destination for a honeymoon.
Paris is the city of lights, the ultimate destination for romance. Between the banks of the Seine, you will be captivated by the magical atmosphere of this city.
In any season, Paris is able to enchant the tourist. Among its streets, typical bistros and small artisan shops will be able to fill your sight and your heart.
Museums of all kinds, attractions for every taste, this city is able to satisfy the tastes of any person and will remain in your memories for a long time.
Paris is a city that is able to ignite the passion, to make you find the intimacy of a couple that perhaps has been dying out over time.
Spending your honeymoon here may seem like an obvious choice, but if thousands of newlyweds choose Paris as their destination, there will surely be a reason.
The Eiffel Tower in the evening lights up the city and the shop windows enliven the streets always crowded with people and young people who enjoy life in the city.
Organizing a week in the city can be very simple, as Paris is easily accessible from Italy, thanks to the numerous flights available. It is also not impossible to reach by car or train. I myself have been there twice by car.
The advice is to book the hotel on Booking.com which always offers the best solutions at the best hotel price, plus the possibility of canceling up to a few days before departure.
Then look for the best connection by plane on the website of the main airlines such as Ryanair or Easyjet.
Now let’s try to understand which are the best hotels in Paris suitable for a honeymoon. We have chosen a few that you can consult below.
– Maison Albar Hotel Le Pont-Neuf : splendid 5-star hotel in the heart of the city center. The indoor spa is splendid, the rooms are perfectly furnished and equipped with every comfort. Great choice for a honeymoon!
– Le Tsuba Hotel : splendid 4-star hotel, located in a very interesting position just 2 minutes from the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysées. Very nice indoor sauna and fitness center, the rooms are furnished in a very refined way.
– Idol Hotel : located just 100 meters from the Saint Lazare metro station, this hotel is located in a strategic position. Located in a very romantic neighborhood, it has tastefully furnished rooms and offers all the services you need for your honeymoon.
2. The Greek islands and Santorini
If you are lucky enough that your honeymoon will take place between March and October, I recommend that you consider a nice trip to the Greek islands.
For what reason? Simply because I have rarely in my life known a place as romantic as Greece.
Romanticism reaches its peak in the beautiful island of Santorini, a magical place, where there are many hotels among the most romantic in Europe.
Beautiful landscapes, good food, romantic villages and enchanting beaches are the main notes of this splendid melody that is Greece.
My advice, however, is not to stay the whole holiday in Santorini, which could be a bit simplistic, but to visit another island as well.
From Santorini you can reach two beautiful islands, also very romantic and on which time seems to have stopped: Milos and Folegandros .
Here you will completely forget the daily routine, to enjoy the beauty of nature and the villages of these places.
As already mentioned earlier, in Santorini there are many hotels that are suitable for a honeymoon. Below I suggest 3 very romantic solutions.
– Adamant Suite : Incredible suites with a breathtaking view of the Volcano and Caldera of Santorini. In an intimate setting of only 9 suites, you will find yourself in an intimate and luxurious setting, where there is no lack of any necessary comfort during your honeymoon.
– Ket Hotel: located in the center of Fira, in a typical building with typical Cycladic architecture, this luxurious property is an enchanting place that will contribute and make your honeymoon unforgettable.
– Astir Thira Hotel: Luxurious, finely furnished rooms await you in this splendid hotel. In a warm traditional Halkidiki atmosphere, you will find yourself immersed in a context of unique beauty, which will leave your minds free to dream.
Vienna is certainly an alternative destination for a nice honeymoon, but it certainly has nothing to envy to many other destinations.
First of all it is simply reachable from Italy, even by car from the North.
Secondly it is a magical and very beautiful city. Here you can enjoy a lot of culture, but also life in the open air, as the city is very lively with numerous events that brighten up the evenings of the inhabitants and tourists.
Its center has a very accentuated Nordic romanticism to walk here with your partner will be a unique emotion.
Beyond what is said around, there is no shortage of possibilities in the city to eat very well, both Austrian and international cuisine.
There are numerous museums available where some of the most important artistic heritage of humanity are kept. The center also offers splendid buildings with enchanting architecture from different historical periods.
Even in Vienna there is no shortage of splendid hotels where you can spend a splendid romantic holiday for couples. We have chosen 3 of the best, you can find them listed below.
– SO / Vienna : Incredible city center hotel designed by the famous architect Jean Nouvel. Stunning city views, excellent sauna and finess areas and splendid super-equipped rooms make this hotel the best choice for a honeymoon in the city.
– Steigenbergerhotel Herrenhof : splendid 5-star hotel in the heart of the city. It is located in an ancient palace of the city full of history and offers spacious, perfectly furnished accommodation and a huge spa and fitness area. A great choice for your honeymoon in Vienna.
– Das Openring Hotel : this splendid hotel is one of the most famous in the whole city. It is located a few meters from the main attractions and the museum district. With a splendid on-site restaurant, this hotel offers every comfort needed during a romantic honeymoon.
Barcelona is another beautiful city where you can leave your heart on a honeymoon. Very welcoming, this beautiful Spanish city has a lot to offer.
Architectures by the greatest architects in history, interesting museums full of works of art, typical extravagant neighborhoods and the vitality of the Spanish streets always crowded with people and lively at any time of day.
In the meanders of the Spanish city, it is possible to get lost between visits to traditional markets and great tapas eaten in the typical bars of the city.
For couples Barcelona offers a lot: from numerous hotels where you can spend fantastic moments to romantic streets in the center where you can stroll with your loved one.
Definitely a choice to be evaluated for the ease with which it can be reached, given the many flights available from the main Italian airports and the emotions that this city is able to give during a beautiful honeymoon.
Certainly, even in the beautiful Catalan city there are not few hotels that can offer you the opportunity to spend a dream honeymoon. Below we offer you our 3 choices from the great offer in the city.
– OD Barcelona : splendid property located in the Eixample district of Barcelona. This beautiful 5-star hotel is the ideal place to spend a honeymoon in the city. Perfectly furnished rooms equipped with every comfort, excellent breakfast in the morning and its extraordinary location make it a perfect choice for newlyweds looking for a well-deserved holiday for two.
– Room Mate Anna : This stunning property features avant-garde design in the heart of the city. Elegant fully equipped rooms, rich morning breakfast and a dream location make it a very favorable place to spend a honeymoon with your partner.
– Catalonia Square: in the heart of the historic center of Barcelona stands this beautiful hotel with a splendid fintness center. Located in a very lively area of the city, it offers very romantic rooms where you can spend unique moments on your honeymoon. Another great choice for your most beautiful couple trip.
5. Malmö in Sweden
Here I propose a truly alternative destination, dedicated to all those who love Northern Europe and the romantic atmospheres of the North.
If you are not a sea lover, but prefer traditional locations with a unique fairytale atmosphere, Malmö is a perfect town to make your honeymoon unforgettable.
Located a few kilometers from Copenhagen, with which it is connected by a bridge over the North Sea, Malmö is a small, very traditional Swedish town with a very characteristic small center.
Walking through its streets and enjoying an excellent meal in its typical restaurants is an experience that will remain in your memories for a long time.
The town lends itself very well to a honeymoon, as the two newlyweds will be able to enjoy unforgettable moments of true romance in a truly unique setting.
In the small town of Malmö there is no shortage of incredible hotels for a splendid honeymoon full of romance. We have chosen 3 that you find listed below:
– Elite Hotel Esplanade : located in the heart of Malmö, this hotel offers elegantly furnished rooms equipped with every comfort. Nearby there are numerous clubs and restaurants, where you can spend an excellent time in the company of your partner. The hotel is in a perfect position to enjoy romantic walks in the center.
– MJ’s : in the heart of the beautiful town of Malmö stands this beautiful hotel, whose rooms are all perfectly equipped for a wonderful honeymoon. The property is close to the city’s main attractions and is popular with travelers looking for a strong romance during their stay in the city.
– Hotel Duxiana: this 4-star hotel is born in a building of rare beauty and offers accommodation furnished with furniture of the highest quality. In the morning it serves an excellent breakfast made with organic products and the rooms with a strong Scandinavian taste are a true oasis of peace and rest
If you have never been to Lisbon, your honeymoon could be the right occasion to visit this beautiful city. The capital of Portugal is a splendid place, where the glories of an imperial past cross with bohemian neighborhoods and splendid views of the ocean.
A week in Lisbon can become the perfect opportunity to find a wonderful feeling with your partner and enjoy the melancholy atmosphere that reigns in the city.
Lisbon retains the charm of a great European capital, full of art sites and incredible views.
Among its streets, you never stop enjoying the emotion that this city is able to give to the visitor.
Beautiful characteristic neighborhoods, trams, funiculars and elevators are just some of the sides of Lisbon that will make you fall in love with this city in the company of your partner.
As a big city, there is certainly no shortage of hotels in Lisbon that are well suited to spend our honeymoon. We have selected 3 very interesting possibilities that you find listed below:
– Corpo Santo Lisbon Historical Hotel : this splendid 5-star hotel was born in an ancient mansion and offers perfectly furnished and equipped rooms for your honeymoon. Being in the center of the major attractions of the city, its location is truly excellent. In the morning they serve an excellent continental breakfast.
– Lisboa Pessoa Hotel : this excellent hotel is located in the heart of the city of Lisbon, right in the center. It offers very comfortable and tastefully furnished accommodation, with an in-house restaurant where you can taste typical Portuguese cuisine. It is the ideal place to go and discover the corners of this splendid city and feel the daily life of its inhabitants.
– Jupiter Lisboa Hotel : this incredible hotel is located in a new generation structure with an incredible rooftop terrace with 2 outdoor swimming pools. The hotel boasts very spacious, perfectly equipped rooms and an excellent restaurant inside. Numerous services offered for guests.
7. Bruges and Belgium
Bruges is one of the most suggestive and romantic places that exist in Europe. Full of charm, this city is a small jewel in which numerous canals cross, immersed in the classic Northern European architecture, which gives the city a unique charisma.
In my opinion it is one of the most romantic places you can choose for your honeymoon.
The city is a UNESCO heritage site and among its typical artisan shops, classic Belgian cuisine restaurants and the cultural richness it offers you will certainly not be disappointed.
8. Strasbourg and Alsace
Strasbourg is a surprising city full of numerous attractions. Its center is a real gem, full of houses with classic Alsatian architecture and dominated by the impetuosity of its Gothic-style cathedral.
Here French and German cultures meet, in an extraordinary mix of culinary flavors and different architectural styles.
His neighborhood “La Petite France” is an area with a very romantic taste and getting lost in its alleys with your partner will be an adventure to be savored calmly.
Strasbourg is the only capital of that beautiful French region that is Alsace. An area rich in traditions and where, among other things, you can taste excellent wine.
Tallinn is perhaps the most unusual way to spend a nice honeymoon. But if you are a lover of Eastern Europe, you perceive its charm and do not want to give up the taste that a visit to a European capital leaves in you, Tallinn is the ideal choice.
This city has in fact been very modernized in recent years and has reached very high quality standards, as well as a tourist offer that is the envy of many other European capitals.
Let yourself be conquered by its historic center and its typical restaurants. In Tallinn you can spend a honeymoon with an accentuated romance and cultivate your love with your partner without any hesitation.
Amsterdam is a well-known and popular destination for many travelers around the world. Why choose it as a destination for your honeymoon?
Simple, walking through its canals will make you enjoy a unique romance that you will hardly be able to appreciate so fully in many other destinations.
Amsterdam is a modern and classic city at the same time, full of restaurants with international cuisine, and with an incredible artistic and cultural offer.
Getting bored in the city is impossible and I think it fits perfectly to spend magical moments with your partner.