The summer transfer windows in Europe’s major leagues are closed. But come January, there are plenty of rumors about who will be moving to where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz about rumors, comings and goings, and of course, trading!
TOP STORY: Barcelona to sue Atleti over Griezmann?
Barcelona will file lawsuit against Atlético Madrid over loan of loan Antoine GriezmannAccording to Mundo Deportivo.
Griezmann is second on a two-season loan to Atlético with the option of a full deal. The agreement detailed that the French international would have to move permanently for €40 million if he played more than half of Atlético’s games in his first year at the Metropolitano Stadium.
of Blaugrana Griezmann has only been substituted in the 60th minute in every game so far this season, believing that Diego Simeone’s side are trying to limit the forward’s playing time to avoid triggering the clause.
However, the Camp Nou tier has already exceeded the percentage of playing time requirement and expects to be paid in full.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS and more (US)
09.47 BST: Chelsea are aiming to appoint a sporting director before the World Cup in November and new head coach Graham Potter will be involved in the selection process, sources told ESPN’s James Orley.
Blues co-owners Todd Boley and Behdad Egbari have met with several potential candidates and will make announcements ahead of the mid-season home break, with their new appointment time set for January. I’m hoping that it will influence the planning of the transfer window.
Former Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards told ESPN last month that he did not want the role, sources told ESPN.
Former head coach Thomas Tuchel, who was sacked Wednesday, previously expressed relief that he wasn’t asked for advice on the position, but representing a change of philosophy from new owners, Potter’s opinion is: A final decision will be made.
Potter’s appointment to a five-year deal was confirmed Thursday afternoon, with sources telling ESPN that his style of play and ability to improve players through coaching ranked as the primary reasons for choosing the 47-year-old.
Bailey was appointed interim sporting director following the resignation of lead negotiator and club director Marina Granovskaya and technical and performance adviser Petr Čech following the sale of the club by Roman Abramovich at the end of May.
Alongside Egbari, who took input from Tuchel, Boley oversaw Chelsea’s record spending in a single transfer window, committing over £250m to nine new players. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Mark Cucurella When Kalidu Koulibaly.
08.52 BST: Galatasaray announce deal for former Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata On Thursday, on a one-year deal with an option to extend for another year.
The 34-year-old Mata joined United from Chelsea in January 2014 and has made 285 appearances, winning the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League in eight years. He was a skilful playmaker and for United he scored 51 goals and scored 47 assists.
The Turkish side also announced the signing of the Argentinian striker Mauro Icardi Temporary transfer from Paris Saint-Germain for the 2022-2023 season.
Galatasaray sign Uruguayan midfielder Lucas Torreira Last month, he signed a four-year contract with Arsenal.
— Galatasaray SK (@GalatasaraySK) September 8, 2022
08.00 British Time: Former Chelsea and Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa According to The Times, he passed his medical examination ahead of his proposed move to Wolves.
Costa, 33, had his first application for a UK work permit turned down on Tuesday, but it was overturned on appeal. He then arrived in England and completed his transfer on a one-year contract.
The Wolves are short on strikers after summer signing Sasa Karadžić suffered a knee ligament injury on Saturday’s debut and Raul Jiménez missed the first two games of the season with a knee injury. there is
The Spain international has scored four goals in 15 appearances to clinch Brazil’s league title since leaving the club in January after five months at Atlético Mineiro.
Costa previously helped Atlético Madrid win La Liga in 2014 before spending three years at Chelsea, scoring 59 goals in 120 appearances in all competitions and winning two Premier League titles in 2015 and 2017. Earned. Cup in 2015.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Abby Ingham)
– Former Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius He has signed a short-term deal with Newcastle United. Fabrizio RomanoThe 29-year-old German has not played for Liverpool since 2018 and has since been on loan at Union Berlin and Besiktas.
– Leicester City block Kagler Soyunk‘s return to Turkey, reports Football Insider. Both Besiktas and Galatasaray wanted him to sign the 26-year-old defender before the end of the Turkish transfer window, but after Wesley Fofana moved to Chelsea, Fox coach Brendan Rodgers said Soyunk I want to keep it on the side that is struggling.
– Hatem Ben Alfa According to Media Foot, he could be forced to retire. The 35-year-old has been away from the club since leaving Lille this summer. The Ligue 1 team was his fifth club in the French national team in five years and his tenth transfer of his career. The former Paris Saint-Germain star’s salary demands have reportedly left him with a viable option.
– After a 4-0 loss to Udinese at the weekend, AS Roma manager Jose Mourinho is looking for a centre-back in the free agent market.according to Rudy Galettiamong the considerations Jason Denayer, Dan Axel Zagaduo When Nikola MaksimovicHowever Gialorossi We may have to wait until the January transfer window to find a worthy addition to the central defense.
– Agustin Rossi He is set to leave Boca Juniors after rejecting the latest contract offer that kept the keeper at La Bombonera until December 2026. Cesar Louis Merlot With his contract set to expire in 2023, the Argentinian international will likely leave the Buenos Aires club in the next transfer window or leave on a free transfer in June.